Jobs Hub FAQ
- How do I post my job with the Local Jobs Hub?
- Sites Aggregated by the Local Jobs Hub
- Do I have to pay for job postings on the Local Jobs Hub?
- I am hiring for a job outside of the Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland, Haliburton & Muskoka Region, why isn’t my job posting on the Local Jobs Hub?
- I am hiring for a job in the Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland, Haliburton & Muskoka Region, why isn’t my job showing up on the Local Jobs Hub?
- I do not want my job listed on the Local Jobs Hub
Job Seekers FAQ
- How do I apply for a job?
- How do I see the job postings in a simple text format?
- Why can’t I filter for my particular job/area/career etc.?
- I need more help finding a job.
- I have a job board I’d like to be aggregated by the Local Jobs Hub.
- The Map is missing my childcare centre/employment agency/service centre etc.
How do I post my job with the Local Jobs Hub?
While you can’t post to the Local Jobs Hub directly, when you post on any of the top 45+ job posting websites for the region, the Local Jobs Hub automatically picks up your job posting and makes it go further; by reaching thousands of users from across Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland, Haliburton & Muskoka.
Sites Aggregated by the Local Jobs Hub (Updated November 2022)
Do I have to pay for job postings on the Local Jobs Hub?
The Local Jobs Hub is a free tool provided by the Workforce Development Board to help job seekers and employers alike. Some of our compatible sites charge fees to post with them, but many provide their services for free. Check with the sites above to make the right decision for your hire.
I am hiring for a job outside of the Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland, Haliburton & Muskoka Region, why isn’t my job posting on the Local Jobs Hub?
If you’re an employer hiring for a job outside of the region, it won’t appear on the Local Jobs Hub, but you can go to employmentontario.ca to find more resources in your area.
I am hiring for a job in the Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland, Haliburton & Muskoka Region, why isn’t my job showing up on the Local Jobs Hub?
There are a few reasons your job may not be registered with our site:
1. It is not posted with one of the sites aggregated by the Local Jobs Hub.
See the list of compatible sites at the top of the FAQ section.
2. You may have forgotten to input your address.
Search for your job using the search function on our Job Board. If your job shows up here, but not on the Map, return to your original posting and input the location of your company or job. Check back in 24 hours to locate your job on the map
3. Your address may be incompatible.
If you don’t see your job on the Job Board or the Map, return to your original posting and check the address. If your posting address is associated with a head office or other location outside of the region, try changing your address on the original posting to the location of the job itself. Check back in 24 hours to locate your job on our board or map.
4. Your posting was created before the launch of the Local Jobs Hub.
The Local Jobs Hub started aggregating jobs in December 2019 for Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland, and Haliburton and in July 2020 for Muskoka. If your posting is older than that date, you will have to re-post your job at its original source. Check back in 24 hours to locate your job on our job board or map. Note: “Refreshing” this type of posting will not make it register in our system.
Trying the above four fixes resolves 90% of cases. If you’ve attempted these fixes and still don’t see your job, please contact us.
I do not want my job listed on Local Jobs Hub.
Please contact us at email@example.com.
Job Seekers FAQ
How do I apply for a job?
Each job posting links back to its original source. For more details about the job and how to apply, click the job title or the “Go to Job Posting” link near the bottom of the listing.
How do I see the job postings in a simple text format?
See the text postings on our Regional Job Listings tool.
Why can’t I filter for my particular job/area/career etc.?
Filters are pre-determined by our system, but you can always use the search function located on the top of the left toolbar to get more specific with your job search.
I need more help finding a job.
Find out where you can develop your interview, resume, or job skills by accessing an employment service provider here.
Learn more about in-demand jobs and the local labour market in our Eye on the Labour Market newsletter.
Submit a question about labour market information to WDB’s helpdesk at HelpDesk@wdb.ca
Find an Employment Ontario location on our Map or at Employmentontario.ca
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram for more resources, tools and updates.
I have a job board I’d like to be aggregated by the Local Jobs Hub.
To be featured on the Local Jobs Hub, your site must meet certain criteria. To determine if your job board is eligible, and for more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Map is missing my childcare centre/employment agency/service centre etc.
Our map locations are populated through a variety of regularly updated community resources. To find out if your location will be included, contact us.