Who We Are
Workforce Development Board is a not-for-profit organization located in Peterborough and serving Northumberland, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton. Founded in 1996, WDB is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development to provide labour market information, coordinate employment and training services, and engage employer communities.
“Northumberland, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton:
The obvious place to live, learn, earn and invest!”
Customer Service Charter
The Workforce Development Board customer service charter sets out our commitment to provide the best customer service.
The Workforce Development Board will be the acknowledged provider of local workforce information and champion of workforce development initiatives unique to the regions we serve. We provide quality, consistent information, support, advice and assistance to develop a competitive, innovate and create a skilled workforce.
Labour Market Planning and Development
- To identify trends and opportunities in the area labour markets.
- To develop a local-area plan in partnership with the community to maximize opportunities and address labour market needs.
Resources for Employers and Job Seekers
- To maintain and publicize an inventory of programs and services available to employers and job seekers in our area.
Employment and Training Service Coordination
- To ensure that organizations who serve clients have the appropriate tools available to them to help clients re-enter the workforce at the earliest possible time in the best possible situation.
Customer Service Principles
- WDB will respond promptly to enquiries through the most appropriate communication mode; phone, email or website
- We aim to respond to phone enquiries and emails within one working day – and mail correspondence within 48 hours
- We will provide accurate and up to date information in a timely fashion as available, adhering to our responsive timelines
- WDB aims to tailor responses to requests
- WDB aims to provide linkages and referral to other community services and provide information relevant to requests received
- WDB has systems in place to ensure that protection of confidential information
- We handle all your information in accordance with current privacy laws
- We are open and transparent about our processes
- WDB aims to provide consistent and clear information across our communication channels
- Our staff must disclose conflicts of interest
- Access will be given to your personal information if requested
- Business dealings will be conducted with integrity and honesty
- Every person is treated equally