Workforce Development Board (WDB) is a not-for-profit organization committed to delivering responsive workforce development solutions to meet local labour market needs through knowledge, resources and partnerships. We are seeking a dynamic individual with exceptional communication and organizational skills who is passionate about workforce development to take on the role of Business Support and Project Coordinator.
This is full-time contract position that is a hybrid role with work from home three days per week and in the WDB office two days per week. Reporting to the CEO, the Business Support and Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting key areas of the business that includes supporting and executing the development and delivery of projects, customer service, and reporting and monitoring requirements for our funder.
- Support WDB’s project activities to ensure that objectives, milestones, deliverables, outcomes, timelines and reporting requirements are met;
- Contribute to the development, implementation and delivery of projects including: consultations, assessments, partnership development, monitoring, evaluations and reporting;
- Engage with community stakeholders to promote WDB’s projects and scheduled activities;
- Work in collaboration with the Communications Consultant to promote project activities;
- Prepare and support a variety of communications associated with particular projects and operations, including meeting minutes for the Board of Director’s Meetings, AGM, and other meeting minutes with stakeholders as required;
- Initial point of contact for external suppliers;
- Prepare invoices and expense reports with appropriate approvals for accounts payable and maintain an internal record of accounts payable documents;
- Maintain all documents in files and network;
- Evaluate the daily operations and departmental activities of the organization with recommendations to improve and streamline business work flows;
- Complete daily data entry to support and update the WDB Local Jobs Hub.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a field related to the defined position responsibilities (Business Administration, Communications, Social Sciences, General Arts);
- Experience using SurveyMonkey, MailChimp, Photoshop, InDesign, WordPress, Canva, Google Data Studio is an asset;
- Evidence of project management experience in a not-for-profit or public service environment is an asset;
- Evidence of exceptional interpersonal, stakeholder engagement, oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Advanced knowledge of office support software including MS Office and social media for business;
- Ability to consistently represent the WDB professionally and in a manner that reflects WDB values and public image;
- Availability and willingness to travel within, and occasionally outside, the WDB catchment area;
- Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Drivers’ license.
- Strong oral communication, writing and listening skills are essential for public and staff interaction;
- Positive attitude and a strong sense of self-motivation;
- Attention to detail and accountability: demonstrates willingness to take ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments;
- Time management, problem solving, and adaptability: Ability to develop ideas into plans of action and to coordinate the actions through implementation.
- Position Information:
- Contract, commencing as soon as possible and ending March 31, 2024, with possibility of extension dependent upon funding.
- Hybrid position: work from home 3 days, in office 2 days weekly, some travel required (Availability and willingness to travel within, and occasionally outside, the WDB catchment area is required).
- Hours: standard workweek of 35 hours per week.
- Compensation: Between $23.63 and $26.10 per hour, dependent upon on education and experience.
- comprehensive benefits package including basic health, dental, and vision coverage, an employee assistance plan, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and long term disability benefits.
- Recognition of 13 public holidays per year (4 more than required).
- 3 weeks’ vacation in addition to 12 days of paid leave, including 10 paid sick days and 2 additional paid personal days per year.
- Free employee parking at the WDB office.
- Summer Hours that provide an opportunity for employees to finish work at 1 p.m. on Friday afternoons from May 23rd to September 1st.
For further consideration, qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by Monday, June 5, 2023 at 4:30 p.m. to email@example.com indicating the position name in the subject line.
While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for an interview.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, we appreciate applicants making this request in advance, so we can support your needs).