The Workforce Development Board is a not-for-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Labour, Training, and Skills Development.
We are seeking two dynamic individuals with strong communication and project management skills to take on the role of EmployerOne Project Coordinator. This is a 3-month, full-time (35 hours per week) opportunity commencing November 30, 2020 and ending February 26, 2021. Incumbents will work remotely with only occasional attendance required on-site at WDB’s offices, located at 159 King St., Suite 208.
Under the leadership of the CEO, the Project Coordinators will report directly to the Workforce Development Board (WDB) and will be guided by WDB’s Labour Market Information Analyst. The incumbents will work in partnership with five other Local Boards in Eastern Ontario as part of the EmployerOne Ontario Labour Market Partnership project led by the Eastern Ontario Training Board (EOTB), including the Project Lead for EOTB. One Project Coordinator will be assigned to focus on the Peterborough & Northumberland region and one Project Coordinator will be responsible for the Kawartha Lakes & Haliburton region.
- Take the lead in coordinating the project on behalf of WDB.
- Prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and milestones for this project.
- Develop and implement ongoing strategies to connect with the business community and obtain employer input.
- Engage with community partners to assist in distribution and promotion of the survey.
- Engage employers, community partners and the public through presentations, phone calls, online meetings and in-person engagements where feasible.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties such as maintaining project documentation and financial records.
- Prepare weekly updates on the status of the survey.
- Be proactive in regards to emerging issues that may affect the delivery of the project, advising the CEO of these issues and developing/implementing related risk assessments and mitigation strategies;
- Perform ongoing monitoring and follow-up on delegated tasks to ensure deliverables and deadlines are met;
- Assist with other duties as assigned;
- Travel within the WDB catchment area is required.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a field related to the defined position responsibilities (Business Administration, Social Sciences, General Arts), or an equivalent combination of related education and experience;
- Solid organizational skills, demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and executing to tight deadlines;
- Strong client-facing communication skills;
- Experience conducting presentations to community organizations and the public is an asset;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Evidence of project management experience in a not-for-profit or public service environment is an asset;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Survey Monkey (or similar online survey tool);
- Ability to consistently represent the WDB professionally and in a manner that reflects WDB values and public image;
- Availability and willingness to travel within the WDB catchment area;
- Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Drivers’ license and have access to a vehicle.
For further consideration, qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by October 30, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position name in the subject line.
While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for an interview.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, we appreciate Applicants making this request in advance, so we can support your needs).