Who We Are
Workforce Development Board (WDB) is a not-for-profit organization located in Peterborough and serving Northumberland, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton. Founded in 1996, WDB is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development to provide labour market information, coordinate employment and training services, and engage employer communities.
“Northumberland, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton: The obvious place to live, learn, earn and invest!”
Labour Market Planning and Development
- To identify trends and opportunities in the area labour markets.
- To develop a local-area plan in partnership with the community to maximize opportunities and address labour market needs.
Resources for Employers and Job Seekers
- To maintain and publicize an inventory of programs and services available to employers and job seekers in our area.
Employment and Training Service Coordination
- To ensure that organizations who serve clients have the appropriate tools available to them to help clients re-enter the workforce at the earliest possible time in the best possible situation.
Customer Service Charter
The Workforce Development Board customer service charter sets out our commitment to provide the best customer service.
The Workforce Development Board provides local workforce information and champions workforce development initiatives unique to the regions we serve. We provide quality, consistent information, support, advice and assistance to develop a competitive, innovative and skilled workforce.
Customer Service Principles
- WDB will respond promptly to inquiries through the most appropriate communication mode; phone, email or website.
- We aim to respond to phone inquiries and emails within one business day.
- We will provide accurate and up-to-date information in a timely fashion as available, adhering to our responsive timelines.
- WDB aims to tailor responses to requests.
- WDB aims to provide linkages and referrals to other community services and provide information relevant to requests received.
- WDB has systems in place to ensure protection of confidential information.
- We handle all your information in accordance with current privacy laws.
- We are open and transparent about our processes.
- WDB aims to provide consistent and clear information across our communication channels.
- Business dealings will be conducted with integrity and honesty.
- Everyone is treated equally.