The Workforce Development Board/Local Employment Planning Council is a not-for-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. We are seeking a dynamic individual with exceptional communication and organizational skills to take on the role of Business Support Specialist.
This is a full-time, contract role ending March 31, 2020 with the possibility of extension. Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting key areas of the business which include project research, customer service, and the reporting and monitoring requirements for our funder.
- Support the Local Employment Planning Council pilot project activities to ensure that objectives, deliverables and reporting requirements are met on time.
- Project research to support project leads including desk-top, qualitative and quantitative research.
- Act as the initial point of contact for external suppliers.
- Prepare invoices and expense reports with appropriate approvals for accounts payable and maintain an internal record of accounts payable documents.
- Maintain all documents in files and network.
- Support the discovery, development, submission and execution of existing and new grants that align with the Workforce Development Board’s mission.
- Evaluate the daily operations and departmental activities of the organization with recommendations to improve and streamline business work flows.
- Build and maintain relationships with community stakeholders.
- Complete customer service follow-up calls to support the Labour Market Information helpdesk and record feedback from customers for future references and analysis.
- Prepare and support a variety of communications associated with particular projects and operations
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a field related to the defined position responsibilities (Business Administration, Communications, etc.).
- Evidence of research, analytical and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of local, provincial, and federal labour market sources (i.e. Statistics Canada, Labour Force Survey) is an asset.
- Evidence of exceptional interpersonal, stakeholder engagement, oral and written communication skills, including public speaking.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of office support software including MS Office and social media for business.
- Ability to consistently represent the WDB professionally and in a manner that reflects WDB values and public image.
- Availability and willingness to travel within, and occasionally outside, the WDB catchment area.
- Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Drivers’ license.
For further consideration, qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by Monday, April 29, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position name in the subject line.
While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for an interview.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, we appreciate Applicants making this request in advance, so we can support your needs).