The Workforce Development Board/Local Employment Planning Council is a not-for-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. We are seeking a dynamic individual with exceptional communication and organizational skills to take on the role of Administrative Assistant.
This is a full-time, contract role ending March 31, 2020 with the possibility of extension. Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting key areas of the business which include organizing meetings, project support, customer service, and the reporting and monitoring requirements for our funder.
- Act as the initial point of contact for external suppliers.
- Prepare invoices and expense reports with appropriate approvals for accounts payable and maintain an internal record of accounts payable documents.
- Maintain all documents in files and network.
- Organize meetings for the Board of Directors, LEPC Governance and other meetings as required including preparing agendas, booking facilities and refreshments for meetings and events and producing and circulating minutes of those meetings.
- Evaluate the daily operations and departmental activities of the organization with recommendations to improve and streamline business work flows.
- Build and maintain relationships with community stakeholders.
- Support the Local Employment Planning Council pilot project activities to ensure that objectives, deliverables and reporting requirements are met on time.
- Project research to support project leads including desk-top, qualitative and quantitative research.
- Complete customer service follow-up calls to support the Labour Market Information helpdesk and record feedback from customers for future references and analysis.
- Prepare and support a variety of communications associated with particular projects and operations.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a field related to the defined position responsibilities (Business Administration, Office Administration, etc.) or the equivalent work experience.
- Evidence of exceptional interpersonal, stakeholder engagement, oral and written communication skills, including public speaking.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take detailed minutes.
- Ability to work in a multi-task environment within clear timelines.
- Advanced knowledge of office support software including MS Office and social media for business.
- Evidence of research, analytical and report writing skills is an asset.
- Ability to consistently represent the WDB professionally and in a manner that reflects WDB values and public image.
- Availability and willingness to travel within, and occasionally outside, the WDB catchment area.
- Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Drivers’ license and have access to a vehicle.
For further consideration, qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by Monday, September 23, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position name in the subject line.
While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for an interview.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, we appreciate Applicants making this request in advance, so we can support your needs).