The Workforce Development Board/Local Employment Planning Council is a non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development. We are seeking a motivated and dynamic summer student with some marketing experience to work for us for eight weeks this summer. The work week will be 30 hours, five days a week, at $14/hour with a start date between early June and mid-June.
The Marketing and Communications Associate will work closely with the Community Development and Communications Coordinator to assist in a wide range of activities covering all areas of the marketing mix including (but not limited to):
- Coordinating and updating website content;
- Quality assurance of website content;
- Providing coordination & support on a broad range of marketing & communications projects;
- Assist with analyses, development and implementation of communication and promotion strategies and information programs, including determining awareness / advertising needs and developing appropriate marketing plans for activities, initiatives and events;
- Assist with marketing research; and,
- Production and proofreading of marketing materials.
This is an ideal role for a college or university student in business administration, journalism or communications to gain on-the-job experience and mentorship opportunities with an interest in working in a team environment with a variety of stakeholders in the communities of Peterborough, City of Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland and Haliburton.
What You Will Bring:
▪ Strong verbal & written communication skills
▪ Strong computer skills in Microsoft environment
▪ Ability to work independently to achieve day-to-day results
▪ Demonstrated time management & organizational skills
▪ Experience with social media, MailChimp, InDesign and WordPress is considered an asset
▪ Post-secondary focus on Marketing & Promotions, Communications, Journalism, Community Development, Business Administration considered an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume by May 25, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. to email@example.com indicating the position name in the subject line.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, we appreciate applicants making this request in advance, so we can support your needs).