The Workforce Development Board / Local Employment Planning Council (WDB/LEPC) is a non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development. We are seeking a dynamic leader with strong project management and customer engagement experience to take on the role of Manager, Projects and Community Engagement. This is a permanent, full-time role reporting to the CEO. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the successful delivery and research direction of the Workforce Development Board’s funded projects, while acting as the lead liaison between local employment service providers, employers, educators, economic development, and the Workforce Development Board.
Primary responsibilities will include the following:
– Providing day-to-day supervision of staff and project consultants.
– Providing performance management, training and mentorship to staff.
– Working closely with the CEO to ensure sound principles and standards are established and maintained for the administration of public funds.
– Managing projects by monitoring, tracking funding and timelines, and reporting based on verifiable and measurable indicators for effective program / project delivery.
– Providing advice and guidance to the CEO on the budget implications related to projects.
– Planning, administering and controlling budgets for projects.
– Reviewing and assessing project proposals in line with policy or program objectives and goals.
– Liaising with community stakeholders to address local labour market issues.
– Developing and maintaining strategic partnerships with all orders of government, industries, employment service providers, community-based organizations, and education providers.
– Participating in collaborative partnerships with local community organizations to further workforce development opportunities.
– Developing surveys to gain real time understanding of local labour market information.
– Conducting face-to-face meetings, presentations, panel discussions, focus groups, and engaging in community forums with managers of community not-for-profits, Federal and Provincial members of parliament, and municipal government stakeholders.
– Sharing local labour market information, results, resources, and products to a diverse range of audiences.
– Managing the Labour Market Information Helpdesk to ensure timely and relevant responses are provided to the community stakeholders utilizing this service.
– Performing statistical analysis and writing reports for community stakeholders, as required.
– Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Economics, Labour Studies or a related field;
– Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research;
– Experience writing research reports for multiple stakeholder groups;
– Experience working with multiple user databases;
– Advanced knowledge of statistical packages (i.e. SPSS or SAS) to perform analysis of multiple data sets (including raw data sets and customized data sets);
– Advanced knowledge of office support software including MS Office Suite;
– Knowledge of local, provincial, and federal labour market sources (i.e. Statistics Canada, – Labour Force Survey, etc.) is an asset;
– Evidence of strong project management skills;
– Evidence of exceptional interpersonal, stakeholder engagement, oral and written communication skills, including public speaking;
– Ability to consistently represent the WDB professionally and in a manner that reflects WDB values and public image;
– Availability and willingness to travel within, and occasionally outside, the WDB catchment area (must possess a valid “G” Ontario Drivers’ license).
Competitive compensation and benefit package will be offered. For further consideration, qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume by May 25, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position name in the subject line.
While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for interview.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, we appreciate applicants making this request in advance, so we can support your needs).