Literacy and basic skills (LBS) training and academic upgrading service providers are also a key part of the training and employment service delivery network. LBS agencies help adults improve their communication, numeracy, digital and self-management skills in order to pursue or maintain employment. Employers benefit by directing existing employees to these services as it allows them to improve employee capacity and productivity while strengthening existing working relationships and reducing turnover.
- Fleming College – Academic Upgrading Program: Northumberland, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton
- John Howard Society Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton – Outreach Literacy Haliburton County
- Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board: Northumberland and Peterborough (Alternative Education Links): Peterborough Alternative Continuing Education
- Literacy Ontario Central South
- Peterborough Native Learning Program
- Trent Valley Literacy Association: Peterborough
- Trillium Lakelands District School Board – Adult Education and Training Centre: Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton